Definition - Bicycle Type
The Bicycle Type is what allows for bikes to be differentiated from one-another. The Bike Type depends upon the following things
- Intended purpose- What the bike is to be used for (this includes whether the bike is used for sport, or for other purposes, such as communiting, commerce, etc)
- Structure - What the bike is made of, how it is constructed.
- Frame type - The main body of the bike
- Gearing type - The system of gears that the bike uses
- Propulsion type - How the bike is powered and moves.
- Seating type - How the rider stays on the bike
- Rider type - The type of, or number of riders intended to be used
- Aesthetics - How the bike looks
On this wiki, all, or as many of these indicators are used to identify a bike. This allows the person intending to repair or maintain that bike to understand and expect how that bike should function and ultimately how to repair or maintain it.